Southside Alliance Youth Ministry
The vision of the youth ministry at Southside Alliance Church is to train and equip students to become everything that God has created them to be. This is accomplished through a wide variety of events and weekly meetings that develop Biblical relationships between each other and the leadership team.
Youth group meets every Sunday night from 6:30pm-8:30pm. Here is a general outline of what a typical night looks like:
Basic outline of The night:
- Devotion– give youth word of God to connect to everyday situation in the lives of teenagers.
- Praise and Worship – exalting Christ through whole-hearted worship. Youth are free to dance, shout, and sing to Our Savior.
- Prayer – a time to reflect upon the night’s lessons and call upon God for the concerns that the youth bring before the Lord.
- Games – Interact with old and new friends
- Announcements – Find out what activities and events are planned.
- Activities – brief projects or activities that are related to the theme of the evening
- Food – Your bound to get sugared up!
Some of the other activities that we participate in include:
Outreaches to Community:
- Southern Tier Food Bank
- Elmira Youth Court
- Conferences such as Encounter (Utica, NY), Winter Fest (Elmira, NY), and Uproar (Horseheads, NY)
- Trips (Creation, Kingdom Bound)
- Generation Church
- Working in community
- Outreaches with other church youth groups
- Organized parties and events with other youth groups
- “Treasure hunts”
- Local prayer walks
- Suicide Prevention
- Juvenile Diabetes
- Mission trips to the Dominican Republic, Honduras, Ghana, Mozambique, South Africa, and many more!
To get involved or ask questions about our Youth Group please click here to view our Contact Us page.